21st Century Mission blog
This is the pastor’s own personal blog – a space for his own thoughts and views, not necessarily connected to the life of the Countess Church.
- Sea of Need, Burdens and the Spirit's Direction 19th July 2017"The people need to hear the true meaning of Christmas", someone said to me. They had a valid point: People need Jesus, full stop. And Jesus is God come to us - the deal in the Christmas story - and so telling the true meaning of Christmas does help lead people to Jesus.It was not […]
- Wake Up to New Ways of Being 14th June 2017Times change. And with those changes the way people associate and work together change. As Christians we need to recognise these changes, and be led by the Spirit to adapt with them rather than find ourselves stuck. Being stuck implies an innate resistance to movement - yet the Spirit is moving all the time.In the […]
- Mission Reformation 2nd June 2017We know how to talk mission plans. We know how to talk about them, around them, through them, and so on. Hopefully we can also put our talk into practice, and get out there on the mission field. Otherwise we risk being all talk and no action!Hopefully we also know that to stop and pray […]
- Watch and Pray 26th May 2017We of course encourage people to pray. Newcomers to the faith and established Christians. But do we explain how persisting in prayer can be shear hard work? Do we spell out the loneliness, the possibility of abandonment, or the potential feeling of the concrete ceiling?"Could you not watch with me for one hour?", Jesus asked […]
- Following the Spirit 10th May 2017Jesus told Nicodemus 'The wind blows wherever it pleases - you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit'.The Spirit blows freely. It doesn't follow our set patterns, pre-conceived ideas or agendas. As such it can seem to us that it flits from […]