Key Questions blog
Every few weeks we pose ourselves a new key question:
- [UP] – About our relationship with God
- [IN] – About what God is doing in our lives
- [OUT] – About what God is calling us to do
The key-questions blog issues these questions, and also has mini-summaries of much of our key teaching given Sunday by Sunday.
- Stories of Grace - David - 2 Samuel 13 & 14 14th May 2017I wonder if you can remember first falling in love, with all its emotions and inner turmoil. This was the case with Amnon, who looked 'haggard' because of his love for the young Tamar.Amnon had a friend who helped him devise a plan. Feign illness, gain sympathy and Tamar will come to your side. The […]
- Weekend Away 2017 - Part 2 7th May 2017The way the Israelites were to live was clearly important for them (hence tonnes of material in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy!). A key aspect was to teach these ways to their children, and children to their children (Deuteronomy 4:9). We deliberately talk about mentoring together with discipleship: leading alongside another so […]
- Weekend Away 2017 - Part 1 7th May 2017This year we have considered 'His Story' - which is actually the story of Jesus. We have discovered that our story is located in His story - in Him our story comes to life.We have talked about beginnings, and covenants (with Noah and Abraham). But thus far we have not really talked about a hugely […]
- Public Spectacle - Colossians 2:6 - 15 30th April 2017There is a story of a man dying in hospital. Death seemed the certain outcome, but the person was a Christian. One day he decided enough was enough, and with faith in Christ was able to get up and leave the hospital the next day. Everything changes when you put your whole life in reference […]
- [IN] What does living in Christ's victory look like for us as a faith community? 30th April 2017Challenge: See issues through the spectacle of the cross!