21st Century Mission blog
This is the pastor’s own personal blog – a space for his own thoughts and views, not necessarily connected to the life of the Countess Church.
- Grace Shadows 13th August 2018In Acts chapter 5 things rise to such a point that merely the shadow of Peter has to fall on someone for them to have the possibility of healing (see verse 15). Crowds gathered and pressed in to be part of the action, resembling the times when Jesus moved among the crowds and ministry took […]
- Rain, Wells and Springing Up 9th August 2018The recent weather has made us sit up and take notice. Yes we do depend on the weather, and so yes we do depend on God - His grace and provision. It is not simply a case of continuing on as normal.Promises in scripture suggest the same might be true of salvation - that is […]
- Staying True to What the Father is Doing 26th July 2018Early in the ministry of Jesus as recorded by John there is a dispute with leaders who questioned what Jesus was up to. Jesus' reply holds a deep truth: 'The Son can do nothing by himself, He can only do what he sees his Father doing' (John 5:19).Jesus, who is able to spot a lame […]
- Christian Mission in a Secular State 29th June 2018In his collection of essays 'God for a Secular Society', theologian Jürgen Moltmann argues that a 'secular' state with full freedom religion is the logical consequence of Christians calling for religious liberty. That liberty must be granted to those of other faiths and none, if it is to be enjoyed for yourself in your own […]
- When God Gives a Vision 25th June 2018When God gives a vision, a natural momentum builds.When God gives a vision, He will see it take shape, grow and flourish.When God gives a vision, He will provide the resources, be they financial, people with skills and gifts, or whatever other form required for the vision to move forward.When God gives a vision, our […]