21st Century Mission blog
This is the pastor’s own personal blog – a space for his own thoughts and views, not necessarily connected to the life of the Countess Church.
- Scattered Means Scattered 21st August 2020Recently I had an interesting conversation with a Christian who is both prayerful and keen on action (a great combination!). They mentioned a potential initiative around where they lived, which geographically is very much on the periphery of their local church. Having described that they quickly went on to canvass me for ideas and input […]
- Don't Turn the Magnetic-Field Back On 29th June 2020Coming out of lockdown I am repeatedly asked "When can we get back to church?". Of course this is the wrong question from the outset, since we never stopped being church ... so it is not possible to 'go back'! But I also must admit from a personal perspective that in many ways I don't […]
- I Love Rainbows 28th April 2020A rainbow seen in the sky always looks both pretty and a thing of wonder: whether it is against murky rain clouds or the brighter sky poking through, to see the arc of different colours of light always lifts my spirit.Interestingly in our lockdown times the rainbow has become a symbol of support for the […]
- Ministers Gatherings in the Future - a Prediciton 21st April 2020When church ministers gather and first introduce the conversation is predictable with near 100% certainty: it will include the question 'What size of church do you have?' ! Trust me, I've been there. I have asked the question myself 😞.Going forward, as we get to come out of lockdown and meet again I think I […]
- Value System Recalibration 13th April 2020The value we place on something or on someone is an elastic concept and variable. It will likely be different to the value placed on the same thing or person by someone else. It can also change with time.Monetary value is even more elastic and subject to change. Just look at share prices for listed […]