Pioneer Evangelism Learning Community
With the new housing estates now being built, plus an openness to the Spirit leading us in other directions, we are prayerfully asking the question: “Where do we grow from here?”. We invite members of the Countess Free Church to learn together to reach out, witness, see new community, and lead people into Christian faith together.
Initially four sessions in a ‘learning community format‘:
reflection as a group → new teaching input → a fresh challenge to tackle before the next session.
We hope the group will then continue to learn as they practice and join with pioneering activity.
This is for anyone interested in pioneering at any level, regardless of initial skills, ability or personal gifting.
Initial 4 Learning Community Sessions
The learning community will initially meet for 4 sessions (approximately one every half term, probably to be held on Sunday evenings) to cover the following topics:
- Kingdom Priority: the main aim to connect people with Jesus!
- Not Complicated: Witnessing done naturally, with a simple progression towards seeding new community and maybe even a new expression of church.
- Spirituality: From our spiritual rhythms and confidence in Christ, to ‘entering the heavenlies’ in our prayer, and declaration in prayer.
- Personal Evangelism: Confidence in Christ, telling the story and testimony. Understanding the strategic significance of different types of activity.
There will be practical challenges and exercises! These will include some special training exercises which will be added to the schedule.
Commit and Sign Up!
The learning community works when people commit to all four of the initial sessions and apply themselves to the practical challenges and special training exercises. To join this learning community you must have …
- an active faith in Jesus
- a desire to see the church reach out in new ways
- an initial commitment to all four sessions plus the practical exercises.
Interested? Please speak to Karl or Helen.