Every Member Contributes
Church is people – people who are committed to and following Christ. Every member is important and can contribute. With the sense that we have of God’s calling on our lives to be ‘A Church in Mission Across the City‘, it follows that the discipleship of each member is mission critical.
Even during these strange lockdown times each of us can contribute with our diverse gifting. We believe that God has gifted us as Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Teachers and Shepherds – all of which combine for the task God has called us to.
- Apostles will innovate and lead with change and creative solutions as things change around us.
- Prophets will keep pointing us to God and his heart for justice through the fluctuating circumstances. They will remind us to not lose sight of the neglected or marginalised.
- Evangelists will find ways to connect with others and get people on board. They will give us clarity on the good news of Jesus even as local or national news may be disturbing.
- Teachers will enable us to have clarity and organised thought through the cacophony of different information and views expressed in the wider society.
- Shepherds will remind and show us how we can love, care and serve one another and those around us. They will be concerned that no one is forgotten.
Each of the above gifts is essential. We cannot afford to have any one to the exclusion of another. No one person will always excel in all five, but together members can contribute so that all five work dynamically together – building up the church, enabling it to be stronger in its task, so that even through these unprecedented times we continue to be A Church in Mission Across the City.