Upcoming Events Upcoming events and other news.
Church Gathering on Sunday 25th October
On Sunday 25th October at 10.30am your are warmly invited to our next live gathering of Countess Free Church at our buildings in Chapel Street
- It will be a simple all age format: families will be at tables, with individuals and couples assigned to be ‘nearby’ a table. We will observe the limit of 6 in a group at all times.
- Sadly there will be no refreshments provided
- You will need to wear masks throughout the gathering
- Realistically we can accommodate about 13 families plus 13 individuals or couples. Some of these will need to take part in an ‘overflow’ area in the hall!
- Places are available on a first signed up – first served basis
- We will assign you to your table/seat, and will ask that you stay there for the duration of our gathering (it will be possible to go to the toilet, however!)
- If you would like to invite a friend along, that is great! However unless they are officially in your family support bubble they cannot sit at your table, only ‘nearby’. Please sign them up separately, and add a note to say that you are inviting them along
- At the end we will ask each table in turn to leave the building and be on their way – in line with government advice that mixing for chat is not possible at this time
- If you find later this week that you will not be able to come, please let us know so we can re-assign your place
- If you or your household have Covid symptoms, or you feel unwell, or you need to quarantine/isolate, then you should not attend on the day
We would love to see you! You can sign up your family clicking on this link. If you want to bring guests please sign them up separately.
Please do not email us to try and book your place – only use the link provided!
Church Gathering on Sunday 27th September
On Sunday 27th September at 10.30am we will have our first trial church gathering at our buildings in Chapel Street since lockdown.→Read More …
Follow Us on Instagram
Want inspirational Bible verses, prayers, notices, and fuel for your own worship? Follow us on our Countess Free Church Instagram account.→Read More …
Ely Brick Show Goes Online
Following the success of last year’s Brick Show, we had hoped to bring another this year – but of course events with the coronavirus took over. However we are now pleased to announce that from Saturday 5th September the Ely Brick show is going online!
Using videos and other online interactive possibilities a number of incredible models and contraptions built out of Lego will be on display. This collection has kindly been put together by a local presenter in support of the Ely CAP Debt Centre that the church supports.
To access the displays and information about them, please go to the Ely Brick Show web page. Through that web page donations can be made, which will all go to the work of the CAP Debt Centre.
From Star Wars and Harry Potter to Great Ball Contraptions, there are a plethora of creative builds to view. Furthermore, you can also see displays such as medieval castles, watch a country western animation, view Disney Main Street, delight in the Lego City, Brick on Sea, and wonder at the intricately detailed buildings, as well as so many others, conjured from the imaginations of these talented creators.
Extras that add to the show also include an interview with finalists from the Channel 4 programme Lego masters, a Lego Kahoot quiz, Lego build competition and Lego workshops ranging from how to make Lego trees, to getting the texture right when making a Lego beach.
New Series in Ezekiel: Strange Messages for Strange Times
We all agree that this year has been the strangest of times, with the corona virus pandemic turning the world upside down and leaving us all scrabbling to think what might be a ‘new normal’. It is time for us to think outside of the usual confines, and seek God for the bigger picture!→Read More …
Building Opens for Spaces of Prayer and Hope
Starting this week the Countess Free Church building on Chapel Street will be open for Spaces of Prayer and Hope. This will be an opportunity for any member of the public to drop in to pray, reflect, and think as the nation continues through these unsettling times of the corona virus pandemic.→Read More …
Week of Prayer – 10th to 17th May
This coming week 10th to 17th May is our Church Week of Prayer – something that regularly features in our church calendar twice a year.
For this week we would like to call ourselves to Pray for the Prosperity of the City (see Jeremiah 29:7 for this principle). We suggest you do that in 3 key ways:
- Pray for your own street (either individually, as a family, or in an IPOD)
- Connect with your prayer partner / triplet to form a web of prayer across the city
- Gather on Zoom for Whole Church Prayer on Wednesday 13th May at 8pm for up to an hour (contact us for details to join)
Our politicians are of course talking about coming out of Lockdown … but there will be many challenging months ahead which will affect us, the city of Ely and beyond. Let us come before God to pray for our city, its people and businesses … all the while praying too for Spiritual Awakening among each individual and family.
« Previous Page — Next Page »